From the Case Files
In 1984, Tom and Melissa Baker found the property, which had been empty for several years and while it was not the perfect location to start a restaurant, they both agreed that the house had a certain charm that could not be denied. Neither were big fans of the paranormal but shortly after purchasing the property, things began to happen that would make them true believers. While only the couple had the keys to the building, Melissa began to find that she was obviously not the only one with access. One day, she came in to find a large tea urn, with neatly stacked coffee cups inside, which had somehow been transported to the middle of the floor, far away from where they belonged. On another morning, she came in to find fresh brewed coffee waiting for her! Once opened, employees began to tell strange stories; a fry basket levitating in the kitchen, a glowing blue light illuminating a room that was otherwise empty and the ghostly figure of a bride standing by a front window. The sheer number of reports was overwhelming and paranormal investigators were invited to give their impressions of the old house.
- Object manipulation
- Full bodied apparitions
- Shadow People
The Mertals Plantation House
The Myrtles Plantation was built in 1796 by General David Bradford and was called Laurel Grove at the time. General Bradford lived there alone for several years, until President John Adams pardoned him for his role in the Pennsylvania Whiskey Rebellion. He then moved his wife Elizabeth and their five children to the plantation from Pennsylvania. David Bradford died in 1808. In 1817, one of Bradford's law students, Clark Woodruff (or Woodroff) married Bradford's daughter, Sara Mathilda. Clark and Sara Woodruff managed the plantation for David Bradford's widow, Elizabeth. The Woodruffs had three children: Cornelia Gale, James, and Mary Octavia. Sara Bradford Woodruff and two of her three children died in 1823 and 1824 of yellow fever.
The Black Swan Inn
Built in 1867 on the site of the 1842 Battle of Salado, Victoria's Black Swan Inn has been a home to some of the most prestigious people in San Antonio's history, such as Park and Jolene Street. It has also hosted writers such as Erle Stanley Gardner, creator of the famed Perry Mason television series as well as some of Texas' most famous musicians and artisans. The Inn has celebrated with families for generations. Steeped in tradition and lore, Victoria's Black Swan Inn offers the most hauntingly romantic location for your special family gatherings, social event or wedding and reception.
THE BATTLE OF THE SALADO
Decisive in Texas History, was fought here, September 18, 1842. Col. Mathew Caldwell and Capt. John C. Hays, commanding a force of Texas volunteers, opposed the Mexican army under General Adrian Woll that had captured San Antonio, and, with the loss of only one man, checked the last Mexican invasion of Texas and thereby prevented the capture of Austin, capital of the Republic of Texas.
- The owner of the haunted inn has seen a man standing at the foot of her bed
- A man working underneath the house reported children poking him with sticks and laughing
- Dolls in a room had been rearranged and left out as if they had been played with
- A visitor reported a creepy looking man standing outside her second story window
- Numerous other ghostly sightings and haunting activity reported by guests.
The Windsor Hotel
Members of the Daps team took a tour of the hotel . we had are recorders running. And Cort a grate EVP
After completion of his opera house in October of 1886, John A. Stevens began building upon a new vision. On February 22, 1887, Stevens broke ground north of the Opera Block for a hotel, planned by the firm of Stevens & Thompson architects and builders.
Yorktown Memorial Hospital
- Paranormal Claims
- Shadow Figures
- Disembodied voices
- Shadow Figures
- Disembodied voices
- People being punched
- Kicked, and slapped by unseen forces
- The spirit of a nun on the 3ed floor that douse not like men with tattoos
- Ringing of a bell that douse not work any more
- Reports of organ music coming from the chapel